Annual crop trials to provide you with better advice
Each year UFAB carries out trials for the different species using organic seeds, and even those that are still numbered. Numerous trials are also carried out concerning fertilisers, particularly those that are based on innovative products. They are carried out in open field conditions on partner farms. Our technicians are able to give you precise advice concerning varietal choice and crop nutrition based on the results of these trials.
In organic farming, alternating between species is primordial for optimal rotation management. Disease resistance, yields, quality… numerous criteria that need to be taken into account when choosing varieties.
The seeds offered by UFAB are selected for their ability to adapt to the conditions in organic agriculture. With a choice of more than 150 varieties, our huge range enables each individual farmer’s requirements to be met.
- Grassland mixes formulated by UFAB for different uses, (grazing, mowing) and durations 1, 3, 4 or 5 years.
- Nitrogen fixing forage crops: Clover, lucerne…
- Grassland forage crops: ryegrass, cocksfoot, fescues, brome, Timothy
- Cereal crops: wheat, triticale, barley, oats, rye, spelt
- Protein crops: peas, beans, lupins, vetches…
- Maize, sorghum, beet and sarrasin
- UFAB green manure and cover crop mixtures, or pure seeds
Organic fertilisers and soil conditioners
Guarantee your outlets by taking out contracts from planting onwards with UFAB for your organic area: milling wheat, oilseed rape, breakfast oats, malting barley and sarrasin
Add value to your forage crops that are certified organic or C2, with UFAB, which collects cereals (feed wheat, triticale, barley, oats), protein crops (forage peas, protein peas, beans) and maize for the preparation of livestock rations.